Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting providers on the market. If you want to change your primary domain on Bluehost, you must follow a few simple steps. First, log into your Bluehost account and navigate to the “Domains” section. From there, select the domain you want to change and click on the “Edit” button.
This article will explain how to change primary domain on Bluehost account. This is useful if you have multiple domains and want to change which one is the primary or if you want to change your primary domain name. The process is simple and only takes a few minutes.
If you’re using Bluehost as your web hosting provider and you want to change your primary domain, it’s a pretty simple process. You just need to log in to your account, go to the “Domains” section, click on the domain you want to make primary, and then click the “Make Primary” button. That’s all there is to it!
Why you might want to change your primary domain on Bluehost
If you’re thinking about changing your primary domain on Bluehost, you should know a few things. First, it’s essential to understand that your primary domain is the main domain associated with your hosting account. This is the domain that you use to access your website and email. Changing your primary domain will not affect the other domains that are associated with your account. However, it will change the way your website and email are accessed.
Changing your primary domain can be beneficial if you want to change the way your website looks or if you want to use a different email address. It can also be helpful if you want to consolidate multiple domains into one account. If you’re not sure whether or not changing your primary domain is right for you, we suggest contacting Bluehost support for more information.
If you’re not sure whether or not you should change your primary domain on Bluehost, here are a few things to consider:
- Are you trying to improve your SEO? If so, then changing your primary domain could be helpful. Your new primary domain will be automatically indexed by Google, which could help improve your website’s ranking in search results.
- Are you looking to better brand your website? If so, then a new primary domain could be just what you need.
How to Change Primary Domain on Bluehost
Follow this process change primary domain on blue host:
- Depending on the size of the account, the process can last anywhere from 5 to 6 hours. In general, it typically takes fewer than 2 hours.
- While the files, folders, and databases won t be deleted, some precautions are recommended. WordPress accounts are an ideally suited backup plan for the likes of UpdraftPlus.
- Chances are that your existing primary domain’s .html file will be pointing to the public directory by default, so you will have to take the necessary steps to copy all of the files of your new primary domain to the public directory. Alternatively, if you want to ask you primary domain if you can make it your addon domain, then the adjacent files that compose it will need to be placed in the public directory.
- The custom firewall configurations, Domain forwarders, and Cloudflare configurations will be deleted in the process. You will need to reconfigure if you want the same configurations back.
There are 4 that you should know before you start the process. Once you understand these four things, you can start working on changing your primary domain.
Do not fumble in the process by omitting important pieces of information, such as your old primary domain, your new primary domain, and the last four characters of your cPanel password. Now, let’s discuss the process of changing your primary domain!
How can manually change primary domain on bluehost
To manually change your primary domain at BlueHost, perform the following steps:
- Login cPanel
- Type the domain name into the search field and select the Order option from the drop-down menu. Click Search.
- Looking for the Change domain option following the opening of an order page, click it, and enter your new primary domain.
- You have, have clicked Save, a Your request to change the primary domain of your hosting package has been placed. popup appear on your screen. Just click OK.
Note : Within a few hours, your primary domain will be changed.
Customer support help
If one suspects that the four-step process we explained to tackle the issue may appear too complicated, do not worry. You will find assistance from Bluehost’s excellent customer service team. You can call them, and they will introduce you to the procedure and also provide you with the benefit of their support.
t is easy to change your primary domain on Bluehost. Just follow the steps in this article and you will have your new domain up and running in no time. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and make the switch today!