Google Drive is a great way to store and share documents with others. How to host Website on google drive ? If you want to create a website using Google Drive, there are a few things you need to know. First, create a new project in Google Drive and then install the Google Drive webhooks. After that, you can create your website using Google Website Builder.
Creating a website on Google Drive is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. Once your website is set up, you can access it from any device with a web browser. Plus, there are no hosting fees or contract obligations – you can keep your website as long as you like.
We frequently cover cloud computing on this blog, and Vinay has previously posted compositions about Dropbox versus Google Drive as well as a detailed guide on migrating to the cloud.
Whether you are wondering how to host a website on Google Drive or want to chat about it, I will give it to you in two minutes.
Due to recent changes made to Google Drive, it’s not possible to host websites there like before. But we discovered a workaround that we have used. We will show you this way on my blog, then we will let you go further by yourself, without the script.
How to Easily Create a Website on Google Drive with Basic Features
Google Drive is a powerful application that can be used to create and manage websites. In this article, we will show you how to easily create a website on Google Drive with basic features.
- Create a compressed file by means of zip (.rar doesn’t work, I tried). I made a sample website in a compressed file by modifying Amit s content, you can download it here if you wish to keep compressed files.
- Get onto the Google Script page and upload your zipped file.
- Select the icon with an upward-facing arrow in the upper-right corner.
- Take advantage of your free web hosting service!
If you had the desire to host a site on Google Drive, but it could be wading through numerous and possibly tedious commands, you may not be content with what you get with a script. Unfortunately for you, it’s not particularly techy or in-depth, and it requires more steps.
- Create a new folder in Google Drive
- Upload the contents of your website’s .zip file and move them to the folder.
- Right-click the folder and choose ‘share’, then ‘advanced’ at the bottom of the popup.
- Choose ‘Public on the web and save.
- After saving the file, you’ll be shown a URL that takes you to the folder your HTML files are saved in on Drive, not an actual website.
- So let’s replace the link now. Cut the string of letters and numbers between id and &usp, and paste it at the end of http://googledrive.com/host/id.
- Navigate to your new link, and you should see your web page!
It is clear that hosting a website on Google Drive is an easy and effective way to get a website up and running. For those with limited experience, it is a good idea to start with this option. However, it is important to keep in mind that there are some limitations to using this method. Overall, though, it is a great option for those looking to create a simple website.